November 08, 2009

Products I Love

Let me start by saying I started wearing make-up well into my twenties and have fallen in love. I enjoy playing with color and trying new things. Although I may choose a trendy color I will use it in a conventional way. I'm that person who thinks of a color and then goes on a mission to find it in an eyeshadow or nail polish (Anyway to incorporate it into my life) Be sure to share some of your favorite products too....



1. Bare Minerals eyecolor (soul sister) - This dark plum eye color is a glimmer so it has a lot of shimmer to it and can be worn wet or dry. (wet has a foiling effect) I wear it dry and use an eyeliner brush to apply. A little goes a long way, but I absolutely love this color. I have been using it for years and although I try different colors from time to time I am constantly coming back to my soul sister.

2. Artistry essentials make-up kit - I love this mineral based colour quad that's part of a foolproof make-up kit ( literally comes with instructions ). Its very natural looking and is a great base if you wanted to add different layers of color to it. It actually has a blush and three eye shadows; a base color, darker color and accent color. (I'm a huge fan of that combination)... Oh, and you can wear this shadow with contacts!!!

3. Smashbox brow tech -  OK, this can only be applied with the angle brush, but when you do its fantastic. I tap the brush into the powder and then tap it on its lid to remove the excess and apply it in the same direction of my eyebrow hair. I don't usually use the wax, but when I do i use very very little.

4. Givienchy Rough Interdit (fatal plum) - Until recently I was not a fan of lipstick... actually the thought of it forced me to make a face. The key word being recently and now that I have opened my heart to it I'M IN LOVE. I literally spent about an hour picking out this color ( and a great red I will talk about another time) and am very please with it. Its a bronze kind of color that would look great on different skin tones as an everyday wear. It takes my femininity to the next level.

5. Artistry mineral foundation - I have tried many mineral foundations and this is my absolute favorite. It's fragrance and preservative free which I love cause my skin is extremely sensitive and is not heavy at all. I put it on and my skin automatically looks flawless and the husband cant tell I'm wearing anything. (major plus)

6. YSL everlong waterproof mascara - This is by far one of my favorite mascaras,the wand allows it to be applied evenly making them look naturally long . Although my love for this one goes deep I am looking for a less expensive alternative. Any suggestions?

Sorry for such a long post.... I had a lot to say. Have a great day!!

0 comments: